DC's Year of the Villain (2019 mini-series) #1 (one-shots) [SET] — Volume 01: Doom Arisen
Evil is winning!
Following the events in JUSTICE LEAGUE, Lex Luthor takes a major step forward, assembling his Legion of Doom for the final push to replace Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the League as the rightful leaders of not only mankind, but the universe itself!
In addition to making appearances in the back pages of every book published for the month, DC Comics also published six essential One-Shots under the banner "Year of the Villain" that focus on key DC Villains and Luthor's tempting offer...
Brought to you by some of the best writers artists anywhere!
Collecting the DC's Year of the Villain #1 plus Black Mask; Year of the Villain #1, Sinestro; Year of the Villain #1, Lex Luthor; Year of the Villain #1, The Riddler; Year of the Villain #1, The Joker; Year of the Villain #1, Black Adam; Year of the Villain #1, Ocean Master; Year of the Villain and Harley Quinn's Villain of the Year #1.
- DC's Year of the Villain Special (2019 one-shot) #1
- By Scott Snyder & Jim Cheung.
- “Doom” The Year of the Villain Prelude
- Evil is winning! Lex Luthor and The Legion of Doom conspire with Cosmic Gods, bending mankind toward a dark destiny. Elsewhere, the scourge of Leviathan spreads unchecked, seizing power in every corner of the world. And all the while the Batman Who Laughs busies himself in the shadows, aligned with no one—yet with sinister plans for all. The carnage starts here as the badguys take center stage in “The Year of the Villain,” the most treacherous event in DC Comics history. Some act with united goals, others with plans selfish and secret, every one of them on a monstrous collision course against Batman, Superman and the heroes of the DC Universe. And our heroes will fail us. Don’t miss the start of “The Year of the Villain,” featuring the talents of writers Brian Michael Bendis, Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV, artists Jim Cheung, Alex Maleev and Francis Manapul and cover artist Greg Capullo
- Black Mask; Year of the Villain (2019 one-shot) #1
- By Tom Taylor & Cully Hamner.
- “Looks Can Kill”
- Black Mask was one of Gotham City's most ruthless crime lords. He had money, power and respect. But after months in the Teen Titans' secret prison, Roman Sionis is finally free. Given a new purpose and new abilities thanks to Lex Luthor's offer, he's found a new racket. Corporate crime not only pays better, but it's far less dangerous. At least until Batwoman discovers what he's up to and plans to put an end to Black Mask's latest power grab. Is Black Mask the same crime boss he's always been, or has time and a new approach made him something far more unstoppable than he's ever been?
- Sinestro; Year of the Villain (2019 one-shot) #1
- By Mark Russell & Yildiray Cinar / Julio Ferreira.
- “Micron Management”
- As the universe tilts towards doom, great forces awake in an effort to stop Lex Luthor's mad plans. Dispatching Sinestro, Luthor sends the former Green Lantern to bring these old gods under control or destroy them before they reach Earth. Now, wielding the power of the ultraviolet spectrum, Sinestro finds his new foes even more dangerous and perplexing than he expected, when realizes any damage he inflicts is immediately repaired.
- Lex Luthor; Year of the Villain (2019 one-shot) #1
- By Jason Latour & Bryan Hitch / Andrew Currie.
- “Only Luthor”
- Apex Lex has made his offer to the villains of the DC Universe...but has the super-powered evil genius gotten what he truly desires? The most deadly predator in the Multiverse has set out to answer that question by seeking out his counterparts on other Earths. But will this meeting of the Luthors be the greatest team-up in all of creation...or end in a bloodbath?
- The Riddler; Year of the Villain (2019 one-shot) #1
- By Mark Russell & Scott Godlewski.
- “Thanks for Nothing”
- Lex Luthor has presented dark gifts to super-villains across the DC Universe, setting off what can only be called the Year of the Villain. Unfortunately, resources are limited, so not everyone got something. The Riddler is one such person, and he is most displeased about it. Was this merely an oversight or a deliberate slight? The Riddler is determined to find out which-and so should you!
- The Joker; Year of the Villain (2019 one-shot) #1
- By John Carpenter / Anthony Burch & Philip Tan / Marc Deering.
- “Year of the Villain: The Joker”
- In the Year of the Villain, what's a Clown Prince of Crime to do when the world has started to accept doing bad as the only way to live? Out-bad everyone else, of course! The Joker is on a mission to get his mojo back and prove to the world that there is no greater villainy than the kind that leaves you laughing. This special one-shot is co-written by legendary film auteur John Carpenter (The Thing, Halloween) and Anthony Burch (the Borderlands video games), making for a Joker comic that's twisted in ways you never imagined!
- Black Adam; Year of the Villain (2019 one-shot) #1
- By Paul Jenkins & Inaki Miranda.
- “The Power of One”
- Spinning out of the events of BATMAN/SUPERMAN, Shazam! (infected by the Batman Who Laughs) invades Black Adam's kingdom! His plan? To turn it into a playground for its new ruler: Billy Batson!
- Ocean Master; Year of the Villain (2019 one-shot) #1
- By Dan Waters & Francesco Mattina and Miguel Mendonca.
- Orm Marius lost nearly everything following the events of "Drowned Earth"-his crown, his love, and his freedom. Now, in the battle between justice and doom, Ocean Master struggles to find his place. But don't count him out just yet-Ocean Master is about to prove exactly what makes him the true king of the seven seas when he discovers a new power that will
- Harley Quinn'sVillain of the Year (2019 one-shot) #1
- By Mark Russell & Mike Norton.
- “With the Winners Decided By You -- The Fans!”
- Harley Quinn hosts "Villainy's Biggest Night" as the DCU's most dastardly gather at the Hall of Doom to do what they do best-congratulate themselves! But one villain has a secret plan, fueled by years of being overlooked by his peers, and the burning desire to receive the praise he so rightly deserves... Don't miss out on a one-of-a-kind comic book experience, with the winners decided by you, the fans! Who will be crowned DC's Villain of the Year?
We Also Recommend